Pages

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

BOOK.FAVE.RAVE: POISON


 
THIS IS A TRULY FUN READ. That is how I would describe my experience of reading Poison.

I am very much awed with the idea of Ms. Zinn. A sixteen year old princess assassin? Who's not going to be lured by that?

This novel started out with the adventure of Kyra, the poison master, and also the one who attempted to kill the princess. I was trying to figure her out hard because she seems to be a really good person, so why does she want to kill the princess?

THE PLOT THICKENS!

So I read on and found out about her sight. Well, it was pretty understandable. She was thinking of many other people, except for her self, apparently... since she hasn't even been feeding her self well! Oh, the horror of reading about her food dilemmas. I mean, if she has the time to concoct poisons, she should've had the time to find food! I was so glad when she met Fred. At least she was already eating! (Me and my food crisis! hah!)

Even before she met Fred, I was already having fun with her thoughts. She is kinda hilarious. Then Fred came into the picture and everything was just bright, jolly and super sarcastic. Haha. Let's add the pig to the fold and we have one good laughing party. I mean, yes, the main problem of the story is kinda serious, but their banters were totally humorous! Even Ari is funny!

The ending? *DROPJAW*

YES, I NEVER EXPECTED THAT.

I DIDN'T SEE IT COMING.

THAT WAS A SERIOUSLY GOOD SURPRISE.

IT'S AWESOME!!!

Of course, it all ended well... Happily ever after even... but then, it's just so sad that the book hinted on a possible sequel and we'll never have one since the author already died. :(


I really hope that, wherever she is, (if there's an afterlife) she gets to see how people are taking her book.

I for one, love it.

I wish more YA books are like this. Lighthearted, with bits of action here and there, a humongous percentage of laugh out loud moments and a really good plot.


All cheers to you, Ms. Zinn. I am a fan. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment