Pages

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

BOOK.FAVE.RAVE: ON THE ISLAND




I FINALLY, FINALLY READ AND FINISHED THIS.

After all of the poking and prodding that my friends in gr kept on doing, I have finally accomplished this task. Not that I treated it like a task... much. Kidding!


Reading about T.J. and Anna wasn't a hardship at all. In fact, it was very easy to fall in love with the two of them. Their adventures on the island was what made me like this book more. I never would've accepted their age gap if it weren't for what they've been through on that island which doesn't have a name by the way.



IT SHOULD HAVE A NAME SO I'M GONNA CALL IT THE D.C.C.B.S.R island. In memory of the animals that they were with. HAHAHAH DOLPHINS, CHICKENS, CRABS, BATS, SHARKS, RATS.


If you ask me, I think they both fared well in DCCBSR island. Anna, ever the girl scout was able to pack lots of toiletries (which surprisingly lasted for years.. IS THAT ONLY IN FICTION?) and her luggage was conveniently washed to shore at some point. T.J., ever the boy scout, was able to find ways to feed them and give them shelter. It's like they're members of SURVIVOR, only without cameras and without other people to mess with their minds.LOL. T.J. definitely grew up rapidly in DCCBSR. He became more mature (or is that because of the illness that he's been through?). It was fun reading about how attracted he is to Anna and how Anna fought for a while with her feelings as well. But when it all spilled over, they were so fast to catch up! hahaha.. I can't believe how I enjoyed reading about their "hot" moments though it's not really detailed. Do I wish that it's more detailed? HELL YEAH! Does that make me a perv? I surely hope not! What's sooooo wrong in wanting details? O.O hahahha


I already expected that they would face real big problems once they go back to civilization. It didn't shock me that T.J. was insecure about his stand on Anna's life because of his younger age. I'm just glad that he tried to fight it off.

He was so cool when he said to one guy "I'm sorry you can't touch my hot girlfriend." HAHAHAHAH BEAT THAT!!!
What I didn't expect is Anna's continuous battle with her body clock. tik tok tik tok I want babies. Well, I guess I wouldn't understand it fully since I'm not yet at that point in my life. Anyhoo, they were able to patch things up. It didn't have fireworks, but it was a sweet getting-back-together scene. The epilogue helped a lot as well since I was able to get a glimpse of their lives after how many years. It's nice to know that eventually, Anna got her wish. They have babies, family.. complete with a beautiful house. I guess they owe it all to sperm banks eh? ^_^


All in all, I loved it. I thank all of those people WHO PUSHED AND PUSHED AND PUSHED FOR MONTHS AND MONTHS that I read this. I know I was super stubborn since I hated their age gap. I'm happy to report that in the end, I was still aware of their age gap, but it didn't bother me as much as it did at first.

Great story, great characters. What more can I ask for? :


No comments:

Post a Comment