Pages

Saturday, December 21, 2013

BOOK.FAVE.RAVE: SCHOOL FOR GOOD AND EVIL (The School for Good and Evil #1)






OMFG. I NEED THE NEXT BOOK STAT. 

I mean ohmygosh! This book is just.. It's so... It's ... UGHHH.. This one makes me speechless!


Okay, I have to compose myself.

Right.

The story is all about good and evil, as the title says. It's all about the division between the two and the fine line that separates the two parties.


At first, I thought I got it all figured out. Sophie, the singing girl in all pink would become a princess and Agatha, the girl who lives in a graveyard would become a grand witch. These two were unlikely friends you see. I thought that everything was all planned out. Imagine my shock when at the start of the book, they were dropped into opposite sides! Sophie in the school for evil and Agatha in the school for good! SHOCKER! I thought that all was a mistake, really. However, as the story progressed, the characters started to project different attitudes. Sophie started to become infuriating. She was so... friggin bratty and downright catty! Then Agatha started caring and becoming super good. Color me confused!


Then, I found out that I've been tricked too! haha. Tricked because I didn't really know who I was rooting for. Was I rooting for Sophie's survival in the evil school or was I rooting for Agatha's triumphs in the good school? Was I also rooting for the prince who's sometimes vain and sometimes gallant? Gosh.. It was all so confusing.. and also very exciting! Their schools are made to be somewhat..um.. well.. Harry Potter-ish.. only with a lot of divisions and lots of rules. I swear, they're all so interesting (their subjects and challenges).



My only sort-of complaint is the ending.. ugh! It's so abrupt! But the book is just so beautiful that you have to appreciate "the now" rather than dwell on that cliffhanger.



In my head, this book as become my own personal movie. For hours and hours, I listened to their magical schools. When I become a parent one day, this will be one of the books that I'll put on my hmm.. 9-11 year old daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment