Pages

Saturday, December 21, 2013

book.fave.rave: THE ENCHANTRESS RETURNS (The Land of Stories #2)






BITTER SWEET


Those are two words that can describe this novel fully.

After days and days, I finally managed to finish listening to the audiobook. woot!

The story? It's good, it's awesome, it's actually great! However, I'm quite skeptic regarding the ending.


You see, both characters grew here literally and figuratively. When they were faced with the challenge of saving not only one world, but two, they didn't back down. They were only kids for crying out loud! I so love their adventure this time because they went to more places and met more people. Gosh! There were many twists and turns... like the harp and the beanstalk, the little mermaid, the 8th dwarf and Beauty. awwww... I swear I can see them clearly in my head. :) Chris Colfer's voice is just.. wow! It makes you imagine another world in front of you.


The ending is a little... tearful. Although I am sure that this is not the end of Connor and Alex's adventure, I was still in the verge of crying.:( It's just... so sad. :( I'm still looking forward to their next adventure. I'll always look forward to it no matter what.

FAVE CHARACTER: RED (I just had a blast because of her retorts! ahaha)
I also love how this novel clearly stated that fairy tale characters aren't perfect. They have flaws and they also slip up here and there. Most of all, I love how this book stated that it's better to know when to apologize. It's a very good moral to have at the end of the day.

I definitely recommend this to kids and kids at heart. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment