Pages

Saturday, June 16, 2012

BOOK.FAVE.RAVE: WHAT A BOY WANTS







FIVE STARS FOR MAKING ME LAUGH INSIDE THE VAN AND AT THE OFFICE.

This book is one of the reasons why I read YA. I read fiction novels so that I can feel good after. I love happy endings. It's always like I'm included in the story for a while. 

I enjoyed Sebastian's story a lot.

It was all on Sebastian's POV and I basked in the glory of it all. He's such a conceited guy at first. He believed that love is nothing but an illusion. He even embraced hook-up life by being the "hook up doctor". Everything bounces back to him when he falls in love with his best friend who sought help from the hook up doctor. I love reading about him using the moves (perfected for other girls) on Aspen. At times, I was shouting at him (well, at the book, technically) that his moves are soooooo lame and sooooooooo old school. But he seriously made me laugh with all of his thoughts and ideas. Of course, I know that eventually, he will be enlightened... and he was! It was all good. All it took was for Sebastian to accept that he shouldn't avoid relationships just cuz his mom goes through lots of hardship with it.

Personally, I think it's the perfect set up. I always love it when bestfriends become something more. I love how Aspen is with Sebastian. She was very patient with him (except near the end part). Sebastian, being Mr. hook-up... actually is sweet most of the time. I am now thinking about their relationship as a long lasting one. I read somewhere that when you read, characters become alive for awhile...I guess that's what's happening to me now. I'm thinking as if Bastian is real and he's out there somewhere with Aspen (gawd I'm such a riot bookgirl).

 Anywayyyy..... I LOVE THIS. I hope Jaden's story would be as good. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment