Pages

Saturday, September 7, 2013

book.fave.rave: LIRAEL (Abhorsen #2)





DAMN. THE ENDING OF THIS BOOK SURE IS CREEPY AND IT PROMISES THE BEST FOR THE NEXT ONE.


I must admit, I was a bit disappointed with both the hero and heroine in this book. I guess I was just looking for more "SABRIEL" like action scenes, but there were just a few. However, it's still really good because it still had interesting adventures and quite a number of funny scenes.


First off, Lirael is waiting for something that's not happening and she's so frustrated that she even wanted to die. She's very smart and hardworking, and yet she isolates herself because she feels unwanted or she doesn't belong. I guess from her point of view, I can see why she would think that. She really is different from the people that she grew up with. I was just irritated with her constant jab on her self. She was always assuming that she's not worthy etc. LOL. Well booyah for you!!! YOU ARE THE REAL ABHORSEN IN WAITING AND THAT'S A BETTER GIG DAHLIN!

Next, we have Sameth the cowardly prince. I'm sorry, it was said in the story that he's not really coward.. but that's still how I view him. He doesn't want to be the Abhorsen in waiting and he was soooo willing to run away from that duty, thus, ending up almost being killed in the process. He's good at building stuff so I guess there's still hope for his character. I just hope that he makes the right decisions in the next book and not just run away. hmpf.


Anyhoo... I love this sequel and I still believe that it's a good follow up to what happened in Sabriel's time. I hope that the conclusion would be better though. :)


P.S. I'm so happy to read about what happened to our two main characters from the first book. I love those two and I'm happy that they had a family. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment