Pages

Sunday, February 2, 2014

book.fave.rave: PRESENT PERFECT (Perfect, #1)





EMOTIONAL.


REALLY DAMN EMOTIONAL.


I think this book has garnered all emotions a person can have. I was skeptic, interested, happy, sad, angry, frustrated, hateful, shocked, terrified, shoe-throwing-mad, hair-pulling-livid with the characters. With the way this book made me feel, it deserves a good rating. I think it means that I really felt what I read and that's a rare thing.


The premise of having best friends fall in love in a book is not a new thing to me. The guy was so obvious about it. He mentioned it whenever he can. However, the girl's stubbornness here and her reason behind being stubborn about their relationship is WAYYYY EPIC. She really resisted! LIKE A LOT. I hated her! I wanted to pull her hair because she didn't want the guy "THAT WAY" or so she says, but she also didn't want the guy to be with anyone else! WELL TOUGH LUCK. The guy isn't such a saint. lol. She was so insecure that she let her insecurity rule her life. Until she got sick, that is. I seriously cried in the scenes near the end of this book. I cried because their circumstance is so unfair and the girl was still being dead stubborn. Thank God for that friend who enlightened her about life. I also cried in that scene btw. haha. I know, I know... the waterworks..gosh. Finally, the girl got past her insecurities. I think that was the only time that I was able to breathe freely in this book.


It ended on a happy note, and frankly, that's all that matters to me.

This is a very entertaining read. It's also full of morals and do's and dont's for guy+girl bestfriends. LOL. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment