Pages

Sunday, February 2, 2014

BOOK.FAVE.RAVE: BEFORE JAMAICA LANE (On Dublin Street #3)





BFFs TURNED LOVERS? THE BEST!!

It's hard to find a bestfriends-turned-lovers book nowadays which is worth the time. This one definitely fit the bill!

Olivia and Nate have such chemistry that it felt like the whole book is sizzling with it. I love how they do things together, at first at friends and then lovers. The push-pull theme in Braden and Joss' case was nothing compared to the push-pull in this book.

The characters were so good with each other. Olivia is the not-so-outgoing-I-feel-so-insecure girl and Nate is the I'm-so-outgoing-and-I'm-so-hot-and-I-know-it guy. As friends, these two were hilarious. Their relationship was platonic at first. Then suddenly, boom! It's not so platonic anymore. haha. I love how Olivia stood up for what she deserves. She has guts. I mean, she jumped through fire to take on what's between the two of them knowing that Nate probably won't reciprocate. She loved the guy right away and Nate... ugh! If I didn't know any better now, I would probably hate his character still. LOL. He has issues the size of a bulldozer. I'm glad that he came to his senses.

Anyway, the best scenes here for me is when Olivia was already pulling away from Nate. I knew what's going to happen next, but that didn't stop me from saying "YOU GO GIRL!" whenever Nate gets jealous or something. I was a gleeful reader in those parts. I love that Olivia resisted for so long to get what she really did deserve.


It had a pretty good ending. I love it! What else can I expect from the author of On Dublin Street eh? All of her plots somewhat get to me like they're all from real life. Good job!

I shall wait patiently for the next one. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment