Pages

Friday, October 28, 2011

BOOK.FAVE.RAVE: UNWIND





I can't even begin to depict how i feel right now after reading Unwind. It gave lots of things to think about, to talk about and to whine about. I admit to crying at some scenes. I know this is just a fiction novel and all, but damn, some of the things tackled here can be possible in real life and i just can't imagine a decent human being doing them. I feel terrible at the same time, i feel that the author is DAMN GREAT because he managed to make me feel this way.

Anyhooo.. the plot is really woven superbly. I highly admire the author. Its sooo frikkin unique i can't even begin to compare it to other novels (not even GONE series and i loved Michael Grant!).

Let me tell you about those i love here:

First, i love Connor because he stood up, toughened up and didn't waver. I love him because he made me hope that he can and he would help out the other kids being who're all scheduled to be UNWOUND or in any case, chopped into lots of pieces (oh, they don't die.. technically, they're still there, just in so many pieces for other people to use). Second, i love Risa because she kinda brings light to people and gives sanity to Connor. I love that she didn't give up and i admire her mostly at the end. Third, I love Lev because even though he's one of the tithes, he changed his belief that he should be offered up so easily. I love Lev because he rescued Connor and Risa when he could've thought about himself first. Fourth, I love the ending because its a doorway to what'll happen for the next book and mind you, for me its really promising. Fifth, I love the author because he conjured some alternate universe which made me think things through, made me cry, made me smile, made me pity others and made me brave to continue reading until the last page.

So there. THIS BOOK IS DAMN GOOD I'LL NEVER FORGET IT FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment