Pages

Saturday, June 8, 2013

book.fave.rave: JUST MY LUCK (Shamrock Falls #3)




4.5 for being such a sweet read. :)


First off, I'd like to thank Entangled Publishing for giving me an ARC of this book. I love you for this. :) 


"JUST MY LUCK" --> I think this is what both characters have to say to each other. They are both damn lucky to have one another. :) I was very very curious as to how things will go with these two since I have been following them from books 1 and 2. Yes, it really did help that I read the first two before reading this. At least I had a little background of how they are. Betsy has been chronically shy from the past books and it was carried on to the third one. Jace is still as confident as ever, but he's not completely happy with his life. It was very interesting to read about how these two fell in love. :)

When I first opened the book, I was blown right away by how deep Betsy's problem is. I knew right away that this novel is going to be a little less lighthearted than the last two. Betsy has too many insecurities. I don't think she ever completely trusted a person before Jace too. It's sad really, how she's so affected by her past. However, she had moments of confidence that she makes me feel proud. Jace saw this. Oh, he saw a lot alright. You see, Jace knows that Betsy has been crushing on him. At first, I thought that he was so smug about it. But no, I was wrong. From the beginning of their um... "arrangement", he was just very concerned about her all the time. Even when he wasn't owning up to it, he cared for our shy heroine. He was amazed by her. I'd like to believe that Jace also made Betsy better. He made her open up more and he made her more comfortable in her own skin.


It was also so much fun reading how Jace gradually fell for Betsy. He was in denial at first, but when he got past that. It was all good. :) For Betsy, it wasn't the same since I believe that she was already half in love with the guy since the first book. It was just a matter of beating her insecurities and letting her self be happy too.


All things ended well. This book is so sweet and I honestly liked it. Jace may just be the coolest guy among the three. ;p

No comments:

Post a Comment