Pages

Saturday, December 1, 2012

book.fave.rave: Freeing Carter

Freeing Carter




This is probably one of the most unique reads of my year. Reading everything from Carter's view is amazing. Firstly, he's a boy. He has all sorts of different thoughts that girls can't have. He has one hell of a worrying mind, that boy. Between his mom being an alcoholic and the needs of his special sister, he would've exploded with all the things swirling around in his mind if it was possible. There were times wherein I was so angry at his mom for letting Carter shoulder all the trouble when it comes to her drinking habits, but there were also times wherein I was frustrated with Carter because he's just so damn martyr-ish! He became such liar too and it sucks.

His saving grace was Kira. Yes, Kira with all of her unique get ups and stunts, captured his heart and made his life better. I mean, he started being better when Kira came into the picture. Now that's one heroine that I truly want to be. Kira's views in life is pretty good. She doesn't care what other people think or say. Well, she also has her deep dark secret (an exaggeration, really) but for me, it only made her stronger. I love her. She even loves Carter's sister so much, she dyed her hair orange! way to go sissy!!! I lover her for Carter. I'm so glad that she stayed with him no matter what.

I'm very happy with how the story ended. :) Good one, Ms. Dawn! ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment